Monday, September 20, 2010

Glee! And Yes, I'm Now a Gleekster. It's Official

I am a recent convert to Gleeksterism. My daughter has tried for a year now to get me interested in the series, but something held me back. I wasn't sure what it was then, but I know now: I KNEW, I just instinctively knew, that Glee was going to become such a part of my life, that I had to wait until I had sufficient time to absorb it all.

How much time did it take to hook me? I'd guess around ten minutes.

Let me put it this way: I own the complete Season One 7-disc set, and once I started watching, I could not stop until I'd seen all seven discs. It's a good thing I'm basically a vampire who stays up all night anyway. I was absorbed. I didn't even get up to refill my diet Coke or make popcorn.

I'm hooked. It's official.

Glee follows an optimistic teacher who - against all odds and a malicious cheerleading coach - inspires McKinley High's Glee Club to conquer the world one singing competition at a time.


Glee stars Dianna Agron, Chris Colfer, Jessalyn Gilsig, Jane Lynch, Jayma Mays Kevin McHsle, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Matthew Morrison, Amber Riley, Mark Salling, and Jenna Ushkowitz. Television's most award-winning series, Glee was honored with a Golden Globe for Best Television Series, Comedy or Musical: A Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series; a People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Comedy; and an Emmy award for Outstanding Director of a Comedy Series and Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series.


Blu-ray and DVD Specs:

Glee: The Complete First Season "The GLEEK Edition" Blu-ray and DVD are bursting with exclusive bonus materials and extended episodes, a sing-along karaoke, a behind-the-scenes look at "The Power of Madonna": episode, Glee Makeovers, never-before-seen "Sue's Corners" and a dance tutorial titled "Staying in Step with Glee."  GLEE: The Complete First Season "The GLEEK Edition" will be available in a four-disc Blu-ray and seven-disc DVD set for the suggested retail price of $69.99 U.S. ($89.99 Canada and $59.98 U.S./$69.98 Canada, respectively.

Your age doesn't matter.  Neither does your gender.  Nor does your location or your state of mind; Glee is awesome, fantastic, and mind-bending.  It will empower you.  It will engross you. 

It will make you want to sing.

No comments: